OpenCorporates has always been a community-led initiative, and we would not have reached 85 million companies in over 100 jurisdictions worldwide without our community. You have joined the battle by writing bots, finding datasets, talking about us at events and working with us to convince governments to open up.
Clearly, if we are to win the battle to make a closed world open, we can only do so together. We’ve lots of new developments coming to OpenCorporates, from new campaigns and platforms to collaborations with NGOs, to improved search & functionality for the website. But what matters the most is you! We want to get the community involved in helping build a stronger movement for open company information.
There are many ways you can contribute to OpenCorporates:
- Finding data: Hunting down data sources that can be scraped.
- Getting more data: Write code to release open data through bots
- Researching & Analyzing data: Crunch and analyze the data to find out what it tells us.
- Answer questions about data: Use your knowledge about law, the finance industry, a country or anything else to answer questions about the data.
- Visualizing data: Communicate the insights revealed by the data through visualizations.
- Telling a story: Investigate corporations, fraud, money laundering through our data and write about it.